Today is Software Freedom Day. Thank you Richard Stallman

Saturday 21 September 2019 is Software Freedom Day.

I would like to thank Richard Stallman for his leadership in bringing Software Freedom from a simple logical idea to the reality Free Software is within the software ecosystem today.


I am saddened by his recent resignations.  In his words it was "over a series of misunderstandings and mischaracterizations".

RMS has characterized himself as "borderline autistic". I believe that while I am near that border, he exhibits far more traits.  My only hope is that we will eventually have a future where the celebration of diversity includes neurodiversity, and there will no longer be so much anger from some communities directed toward us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cancelling my Fair Vote Canada membership/donation

Byron Sonne is Still in Prison

Traditional definitions in the copyright debate.